Care Assistants HCA
As a Newcross Healthcare Assistant with our Coventry team, you will take pride in giving the best possible quality of care to clients in a nursing or residential home setting in the local Leamington Spa area.The Position:
You will play an essential role in supporting the wellbeing and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling service users to participate in their favourite activities.
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including hospitals, care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it’s essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. Experience of caring for those with dementia is also highly desirable.
This is a flexible role which means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis. You should be willing to travel and due to the location of some clients, access to your own vehicle is preferable.The Benefits:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- DBS check cost refunded after initial joining period
- Uniform and training available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will need to be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those individuals in your care.To apply for this role, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Up-to-date moving and handling training
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company & Branch:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years’ experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.
Our Coventry branch is based in the Cobalt Centre on Middlemarch Business Park near the Airport. It was our 38th branch to open in the UK, back in January 2015 and together with our other offices in Cannock, Shrewsbury and Worcester has allowed us to extend our coverage in the West Midlands.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.