Assistant Web Editor
The job holder is responsible for supporting the Brand Editor, Senior Web Editor and Content Editor in implementing a clear digital content strategy for the brand, ensuring that the target audience of 'people with projects' sees the brand(s) as the 'first choice' source of 'news, ideas, inspiration and expert advice' across all platforms.
* Implement the approved digital content strategy by developing up to date website content for the Home Interest portfolio optimising entries for search engines to maximise the digital audience reach
* Manage content audits, SEO, user journeys, cross brand content links, collation of galleries, listicles, video galleries and channels, Q&As
* Support the Brand Editor and Senior Web Editor to develop content and strategies aimed at maximising audience insight by driving registrations and encouraging profiling
* Liaise with the Content Creation team to optimise the content produced to ensure each piece is used for maximum exposure e.g. one article may be re-utilised as part of galleries, listicles, advice article, Q&A, Social Media campaign, newsletter etc.
* Drive stronger cross-promotional relationships between magazine and web articles to help grow traffic and translate web audience into print audience
* Develop strategies to increase the average number of page views and time on the website for each visitor by offering easy access to related, relevant content that matches their requirements.
* Champion the website across all brands within the Home Interest Media portfolio across all platforms, print, digital, live and video, through the production of regular e- newsletters for the Home Interest media email databases, and developing emails which introduce relevant targeted web content to new subscribers
* Work with the Social Media Editor on developing the social media profile for all brands across the Home Interest portfolio and growing their social media communities
* Monitor traffic levels on key rival websites visited by the target audience and provide regular reports to the Brand Editor and Content Director on the most popular content and recommended actions
* Supports the growth of digital audiences through development of blogs, visitor commenting and other user generated content, moderating and ensuring accuracy of the content for compliance with the approved editorial strategy for the brand(s)
* Supports the exhibition department and attends live events where required.
* Assists the marketing department and PR agencies engaged by Home Interest Media, specifically to help source content from the architect to generate media coverage for the brands with the Home Interest portfolio
* Collaborative and supportive working style with peers
* Developing technical and commercial knowledge of the market
* Editing and writing experience, including ability to write and edit content for web, and optimise its quality online and ability to apply SEO principles
* Previous experience of using a CMS and a good working knowledge of using and applying Analytics findings
* Strong creative and visual skills
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written, that includes ensuring information and data is passed up through all levels of employee in area of influence
* Ability to work on own initiative and offer a pro-active problem solving approach
* Ability to organise self to work efficiently and manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
* Ability to facilitate achievement against objectives
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Success in this role will be measured by:
* Quality and quantity of content produced across all platforms - measured by assessing personal content output, analysis of digital audience views and retention, and level of social media activity.
* Year on year increases in the following activity measures: Time on site (per site), Pages per visit (per site), Cross brand referral figures (by site), Traffic to/from Directory and Video Content, Number of active community contributors
* Demonstration of creative input in content planning meetings with the Content Creation team, including original ideas for content, and demonstration of strategic thinking that shows an understanding of the audience and editorial strategy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75455822