Business Development Manager
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
The client is a global supplier in the logistics industry.
They are successful in express deliveries worldwide; freight forwarding with planes, trucks, ships and trains; warehousing services that go beyond just storage, they specialise in international mail deliveries and customised specialised shipping.
They also transport urgent documents and goods reliably and on time from door-to-door in more than 220 countries and territories, and operates the most comprehensive global express network.
They are dedicated to support European based companies by providing an integrated product and service portfolio for the exchange of communications, information and low weight items, and by taking a leading position in customer focus and quality of service.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance.
The successful candidate will have years of experience with a B2B background selling solutions in a logistics organisation.
The candidate will need to demonstrate and be;
- Experienced in contract logistics
- Experienced within warehousing logistics and supply chain
- self motivated
- Time efficient
- Passionate about the industry
- Proven sales record
- Good relationship builder
- Supply Chain Management and being able to identify opportunities to improve the customer's supply chain
- Appreciation of lean management principles and how they can impact positively in the business development cycle
- Integrated solutions involving multiple modes of transport
- Appreciation of shared user warehousing and benefits for customers
- Appreciation of Warehouse Management Systems incl. visibility tools to support customer needs.
- Ability to close business and sustain long term business relationships
- Commercial awareness aptitude / skills
The offer will be between £35,000- £40,000 depending on experience and will come with bonus and a car/ car allowance
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75444749