NPD project leader
Design and Development opportunity, Consumer Goods, West Midlands.
This is for a key client whom manufacturer electromechanical products and components for the Automotive, Medical Device and Consumer Goods industry. Operating in over 17 countries with 14 manufacturing sites worldwide, this company are a market leader in their sector. Due to large growth, we are now looking for several Design and Development Engineers to be based in the West Midlands. The main emphasis of this role is to provide technical support for on-going projects. You will manage multiple suppliers and contractors across various aspects of the assignment. A focus on Customer support, planning and scheduling time-lines, tracking and monitoring delivery, and developing best practice across the project is crucial to your success in this role. Exposure to tech transfers and new product introductions is key to this role.
Main functions of this role:
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators to measure each project, and report to senior leadership with regular progress updates. Stablishing project milestones. Measure delivery and key metrics in line with SLA's ensuring product integrity and quality is of the highest standard - working closely with QC and QA teams.
- Establish an effective document management system (working to APQP philosophy) to support the project plan. Review transfer protocols and ensure all documentation is recorded and exchanged as required.
- Lead a small team based on-site
- Lead the operations teams in process troubleshooting and resolution.
- Coordinate with Transnational Engineering Teams in Asia and America
- Design & implementation of process changes and improvements.
- Lead process review with the production operating teams to identify process improvement opportunities.
- You must have degree or masters qualified in Electronic, Mechanical engineering. A working knowledge of software design / development an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in product development within a large scale manufacturing environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate the capability to deliver key projects in a busy environment, managing multiple stakeholders. Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced, high energy business.
- Have a hands-on, collaborative approach to leadership and management.
- You will be an assertive communicator, well-organised and articulate.
- An effective delegator who can work well under pressure will stand out.
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills are a must.
For the successful applicants on offer for the role is highly competitive salary which is flexible dependant on the successful candidate's skills and experience plus a generous benefits package. This is an urgent role with shortlisting occurring now so if you would like to be considered please send your CV to Natalie McEwen at Huxley Engineering whom will call you to discuss exciting, niche role in greater detail.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75445509