Temporary Assistant Accountant
Robert Half have been appointed to work with a prestigious business in Birmingham City Centre, to appoint a Temporary Assistant Accountant.
Our client is currently recruiting for a self-motivated Assistant Accountant to join their Finance Department on temp-to-perm basis. They are seeking a confident, approachable individual who can work both independently and as part of a small team. The role of Assistant Accountant will be varied and busy, and duties will include:
- Managing purchase ledger and sales ledger/credit control
- Match, batch, coding & processing invoices
- Control and reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Budgeting and forecasting experience desirable
- Undertake VAT tax returns and Bookkeeping
- Assisting with producing the monthly management accounts
- Chasing payments and maintaining spreadsheets
- Maintaining Bank and Cashbook reconciliations
- Assisting with all the month and year end statements
- Liaising with internal and external clients
- Assist the Management Accountant and handle all necessary tasks outlined
- Other ad-hoc duties
The Successful Candidate will:
- Already have a great track record in the control and maintenance of the closing accounts system as well as good in-depth knowledge of the month and year-end processes
- Have experience of SAP desirable and proficiency in Excel is essential
- Have a previous track-record in a similar finance role for a minimum of 12 months
- Be confident in manipulating large volumes of data
- Be motivated and have a flexible attitude to work
- Have a willingness to embrace and develop new skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines
- Display self-motivation with the ability to work on own initiative
This role will last for 3 months on a temporary basis with the possibility of extension thereafter depending on performance. It will start ASAP and be based in Birmingham City Centre. The role will pay circa £12 per hour dependent on experience.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your latest CV along with an overview of your suitability and we will be in touch ASAP.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75450579