FPGA Design Engineer
EB4780: FPGA Design Engineer
Location: Rugeley, South Staffordshire
Benefits: Various Company Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for the requirement of aFPGS Design Engineer to report to the Engineering Manager, in the power converters and motors group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this FPGA Design Engineer will join their dedicated project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost effective designs for real time power and motor control applications.
Specific responsibilities for the FPGA Design Engineer role will depend upon skill set and level of seniority. Typically, the FPGA Design Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of FPGA activities covering all stages of the development lifecycle; from requirements through to verification and validation of programmed devices. The FPGA Design Engineer will work within a dedicated team environment where co-operation, innovation and thoroughness are essential to develop FPGAs that successfully meet project objectives.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages
- Writing and execution of VHDL testbench code and other IV&V activities
- Safety related design process development and maintenance
- Model Based design techniques using Matlab/Simulink modeling and simulation
- Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
- Lab support during hardware development stages
- Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects
- Experience of model based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
- Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering. (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
- Eligible for security clearance to SC level.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75449545