Our client, an award winning consultancy are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based in Birmingham. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be working on a number of Highway projects.
We're looking for a full time Quantity Surveyor on a 12 month contract for my client who are based in Birmingham. The successful candidate will have previous experience working as a civils quantity surveyor. The pay rate varies between £300-350 per day dependent on experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the companies' policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
Key words: QS, Cost, Highways, Birmingham
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75432772