The role is dual focused on managing core operations, as well as creating and developing a robust continuous improvement plan for the operation.
This business has created a global footprint across the last 10 years, and is a unique market leader in its sector. They are now looking for an engaging Operations Director to take the UK growth to the next level through operations management and developing and delivering a strong CI plan, which is going to be focused on the Midlands sites.
As an Operations Director you will:
- Be responsible for the operation meeting the customer's and financial expectations.
- To provide leadership and direction to the operations and quality management teams.
- To create and implement a sustainable CI strategy.
- Drive a programme of change within the operation, focusing on improved efficiency's in quality, productivity and planning through the introduction of best practice and modern manufacturing methods.
- Design and project manage the build of a new operation.
- Ensure best operational practices are shared across the group operations. Define strategies to reduce costs & on improved efficiency's in quality, productivity and planning through the introduction of best practice and modern manufacturing methods.
- Implement a strategy for the business that delivers sustained improvements in efficiency's and cost savings
The successful candidate will have:
- MBA Qualified
- Strong Food Manufacturing background
- Understanding of LEAN principles and continuous improvement techniques.
- Experience in managing large labour intensive operations
- Experience in Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Good understanding of law, HR and H&S.
- Good understanding of financial reporting.
- Good understanding of ERP systems
- Experience in managing costs in large and/or complex operations.
- Experienced in planning large or complex operations.
- Experience in managing senior (department) managers.
- Experience in continuous improvement techniques.
- Experience working with leading technology to increase business efficiency.
- Experience of the management of quality systems for multiple retail customers within a food manufacturing environment
This role is paying up to £65,000 + Package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75443910