TJ Hughes is currently recruiting for a Store Manager to join our new TJ Hughes store opening in Nuneaton.
Salary £30,000 per annum plus Company Car
Working hours 38 per week over any 5 days out of Sunday to Saturday.
To manage and lead all aspects of the store operation in line with Company policies and procedures in order to maximise sales, profit and potential, deliver brand consistency. Utilising available resources to ensure a consistently high standard of customer service is provided.
- Ensure that all store KPI’s are delivered in line with targets and budgets
- Influence commercial decisions
- Ensure that the store operates in accordance with Company policies and procedures in order to achieve the required level of operating standards and customer service
- Ensure that Managers and sales staff are recruited, trained and developed to increase their capability in relation to both current duties and progression to more senior roles
- Ensure that all areas of the store are safely and securely maintained in accordance with Company policies and procedures and that all statutory requirements are adhered to
- Ensure that effective communication is maintained in store with management & staff, Head Office Departments and external bodies in order to contribute to business efficiency
- Lead the management team to ensure the store team are enthused motivated and achieve high performance
Alcohol Licence (not essential but would be advantageous)
Effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
The ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
The capacity to grasp new concepts quickly, to be flexible and adaptable to change
Excellent communication skills
The ability to multi task and work under pressure
Good IT Skills
TJ Hughes is a discount department store chain specialising in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics, technology and electrical goods.
TJ’s (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices. We are a family run business, with our headquarters based in Liverpool and are now trading from 21 stores across the UK: from Eastbourne in the South to Glasgow in the North.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do’ individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the team.
We have a culture in our stores which is fast paced and exciting. If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV to our recruitment email address.