New Product Development Technologist
Meadowbank Associates are currently working with an industry leading business to recruit for a New Product Development Technologist in order to cover a maternity leave.
This role is to start October 2017 for 14 months cover, including a 2 month handover.
- Developing recipes for Mozzarella and Mozzarella blend products
- Managing trails and NPD and on the pilot plant
- Making up samples for customer presentations
- Attending production trails and launches as required
- Evaluation of new suppliers and ingredients and reporting on their suitability
- Link with Technical and Production, with responsibility for making sure that new products make a smooth transition from trail and testing stages to dull production with the outcomes reported to all relevant staff.
- To identify any critical issues with developments, make recommendations for improvements and make sure that everything complies with quality, safety and customer expectations.
- Providing in-depth reports on the trails that accurately reflect the work carried out including all required measurements, comments and recommended actions and next steps detailing responsibility and agreed accountability
- Ensuring all required internal documentation is completed and provided to the specification team on time and to the highest standard.
- Have detailed practical knowledge of current factory processes.
- Building strong relationships with all functions who interface with the development.
- Facilitating customers visits during production trails.
- Developing practical schedules for product launch and maintaining project plans and advising all stakeholders throughout the project on timings of achievable completion dates.
- Liaising with purchasing colleagues to ensure that all incoming stock for initial production runs is in place.
- Working with relevant machinery suppliers and packaging suppliers to ensure company is always up to date with the latest launches.
- Assisting in customer presentations, conference calls, audits, visits etc. where required.
- Ensuring traceability of the BRC Documentation throughout the project , ensuring any changes to recipe or process are communicated to stakeholders,
- Ensure communication with all relevant departments is well maintained at all times to provide a consistent service to all customers
- Trailing and assisting with commissioning new processing equipment either in support of a new product launch or to make improvements to current production processes.
- Working with Technical to assess failing products in terms of recipe and offer recipe solutions.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the NPD facility.
- Track monthly basis trail costs.
The ideal application will be or have;
- Food technology background - ideally to degree level
- Experience with mozzarella would be extremely beneficial
- Attention to detail is extremely important
- Computer literacy with good literacy and numeric skills
- Able to work as an effective team member
- Experience with Salesforece.com would be of an advantage
- High levels of self-motivation, drive & commitment
- Adopt high personal and professional standards
- Driving licence
- Be able to record and interpret data and make recommendations based on the conclusions
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal formats
- A passion for food
- Flexibility to cover trails and product monitoring
This position is a full time role working 40 hours per week.