IT Project Manager / Project Coordinator - College E-Systems
Job title: Project Manager (E-enabled Systems)
Salary: £32,186 - £37,287
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
The College, based in Dudley, is looking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to take a pivotal role in the continued development of college systems through effective use of technology.
The Project Manager (E-enabled Systems) will provide effective support to the Vice Principal by taking a lead role in the management of change related to the development of key learner services on a project basis. This will include the design and implementation of a range of services and systems aimed at improving the learner experience and outcomes, facilitated through effective use of technology.
The post holder will take the lead on ensuring key learner services and processes are sufficiently differentiated to meet the needs of the college's key client groups, as identified in the college strategic plan. The post holder will also line manage the e-learning team, ensuring the ongoing development of critical Information Learning Technology (ILT) systems meet the needs of learners and are effectively implemented.
- Participate as a member of the management team in the overall operational direction and management of key learner services and systems.
- Lead on a series of targeted change projects to develop services and systems to meet the differentiated needs of our five key client groups, apprenticeships, 16-18 full time, 16-18 A-level, adult and higher level learners.
- Lead on ensuring that systems and services continue to make best use of technology to deliver the required outcomes for our learners.
- Manage the further development and use of e-learning across the college, including the application of our VLE, electronic portfolio, E-ILP system and other future technologies/systems.
- Work closely with the Vice Principal to deliver data required for performance measurement, strategic planning, self-assessment and inspection/audit purposes.
- Implement effective systems for monitoring the effectiveness and outcomes of key learner services.
- Identify and implement change projects in wider learner services where improvements in key client group outcomes or experience are required.
- Work with managers and staff across college to provide effective direction, challenge and support in delivering these changes and making effective use of technology.
- Manage the continued roll out of the college's electronic portfolio system (SmartAsessor) to ensure it is used effectively across all apprenticeship provision.
- Manage the development of the college Virtual Learning Environment (Blackboard) as an effective tool for enhancing learning and supporting students from all key client groups.
- Manage the development of the college electronic ILP system (ProMonitor) and supporting software (such as uExplore) to meet the future needs of the college.
- Play an active role in the college's safeguarding team, including a lead on e-safety.
- Work with software suppliers and in-house developers to ensure software meets business needs and to improve integration of data between systems.
- Provide regular reports to Senior Management Team on the use of college systems and key performance data.
- Act as a Duty Manager and deputise for senior colleagues as required.
- In liaison with the Vice Principal Finance and Resources, set and monitor revenue and capital expenditure budgets as necessary.
- Carry out recruitment, selection, deployment and discipline of staff associated with the role. Provide line management support for identified staff.
- HNC or above in an appropriate field.
- Further qualification in Business, Management or Project Management.
- Experience of implementing computer-based systems across an organisation.
- Experience of delivering training and supporting users.
- Management experience in the Further Education sector.
- Experience of the quality improvement, audit and inspection methodologies of an FE College.
- Experience of e-learning technologies such as VLEs, E-ILPs, E-Portfolios and associated classroom hardware.
- Excellent IT skills, including evidence of installation and administration of multi-user online applications.
- Excellent organisation skills, including evidence of managing projects and strategic planning.
- Must be suitable to work with young people and vulnerable adults.
Please be aware that the college will not provide visa sponsorship or relocation fees and so you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the College's application portal.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and children and adults barred list checks where the applicant will be employed in a regulated activity.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, including disabled, and black and ethnic minority applicants
Candidates with experience of; Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Prince 2, Project Director, Senior Project Manager, Information Technology Project Manager, Schools Project Manager, IT Project Director, Education Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Junior Project Manager, Junior Project Coordinator, Project Lead, Project Team Lead will be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75437412