Our client is a family-owned business with a proud heritage and a proven track record of achievement.
Position: Legal Advisor - FTC
Job Type: Full time, Fixed Term Contract
Contract Length: 12 months
About the role
They are seeking an experienced Legal Advisor to join their team on a 12 month FTC basis, to assist the General Counsel, Company Secretary and wider legal team to support the businesses with appropriate legal advice and governance. This role will be based out of their Birmingham offices.
- With minimal supervision from General Counsel and Company Secretary, assist the legal department in supporting the commercial function in winning projects and managing risk appropriately in contracts and across the supply chain, including in relation to contracts, collateral warranties, bonds and parent company guarantees.
- With minimal supervision provide effective support to the corporate, employment, property and compliance parts of the legal department and other central functions when required.
- Managing the instruction and adherence of external legal advisers in line with agreed terms and conditions and budgets and monitoring of performance.
- Where necessary assist Insurance Adviser in the formation, management and reporting of insurance claims;
Assist the businesses in developing and ensuring compliance with internal processes and systems of good legal governance
- Develop and mentor trainee solicitors and paralegal
- With minimal supervision from General Counsel and Company Secretary, provide internal support to the businesses in litigious matters
- Qualified solicitor
- Proven experienced within an in-house legal role preferred
- Knowledge of the construction / engineering industry would be highly advantageous
You may have experience in the following: Legal Advisor, Legal Clerk, Solicitor, In-house Lawyer, Legal Specialist, Legal Counsel, In-house Counsel, Legal Associate, Contract Review, Risk Management, Compliance, etc.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.