FTC 6 months
£25,000 pro rata
Peritus Plus are pleased to consider applications for the position of Legal PA in Birmingham on a 6 month contract.
Our client is one of the leading global law firms. Their distinctive market position is founded on their deep industry knowledge and one team global approach.
They have 2,500 lawyers in six continents with a presence in the world's major financial and commercial markets.
The successful applicant will provide high quality secretarial, organisational and administrative support to a team of fee earners in the Birmingham office. This role is in the Corporate and Litigation practice areas and will be document focused.
- Produce long, accurate complex house-style documents, manuscript amends, audio dictation and document comparisons.
- Take ownership of enquiries, resolving or escalating (or identifying alternative contacts) as appropriate.
- Build an understanding of the nature of the fee earners' work, get to know their clients and build relationships with them and the client PAs.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, regularly act on own initiative, highlighting issues and suggesting possible solutions.
- Organise and prioritise workload and keep a level-headed approach in a busy working environment.
- Actively source and share knowledge with others.
- Build a network of strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- Diary management - arranging meetings, conference calls, lunches etc.
- Taking accurate and detailed telephone messages.
- Accurate and regular maintenance of filing systems, e-filing, and archiving and retrieval of files from store and opening new matter files.
- Provide cover for others in the team as requested.
- Assisting with billing arrangements, keeping accurate records of expenses, disbursements and fees for client billing. Liaising with the billing department to monitor payment of fees and responding to internal and external requests for back up documentation and further information.
- Organising travel arrangements (including flights, accommodation and restaurants) and providing fees earners with detailed itineraries.
Skills and Experience
- Previous legal PA experience, with emphasis on Corporate experience as this area provides the bulk of the work, but some Litigation experience as well would be ideal.
- Excellent secretarial skills, fast accurate typing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced document production skills and technical expertise - this role involves a lot of complex document work.
- Billing experience.
- Excellent organisational and administrative ability.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality.
- Professional telephone manner, fielding calls where appropriate.
- Accurate typing at minimum 60 wpm net.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.