Food, FMCG, Automotive,
Are you a Multi-Skilled Engineer with experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Electrical and Mechanical knowledge? Are you looking for an opportunity to train and develop your skills? Do you want to work with a highly established and stable Maintenance Engineering Team?
My client a leading FMCG in the West Midlands have a requirement for a truly Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer. The ideal Maintenance Engineer with have demonstrated Electrical and Mechanical skills as well as reactive and PPM experience.
My client offer excellent training and development opportunities and therefore and progression is attainable with the right attitude and aptitude.
Maintenance Engineer purpose:
To carry out first line maintenance tasks and plant enhancements aligned with global maintenance council best practices to drive improvements to Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and to undertake all planned work and record all tasks utilising the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (SAP/MERIDIUM software).
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- To undertake both reactive and planned maintenance work on the plant, including fault diagnosis and identification of appropriate solutions.
- To ensure that all work is carried out to required safety and other required standards, in line with company policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve manufacturing efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety, food safety and environment
- Self schedule to complete designated tasks efficiently and effectively to the required quality standard, to include accurate, detailed feedback on completed work in the ERP
- Maintain the integrity of the control and automation systems throughout the plant
Maintenance Engineer Experience:
- Previous experience within the maintenance department of a an FMCG plant, ideally in a food production environment (desirable though not essential),
- Application of advanced maintenance techniques,
- Proficiency with PC systems and software, department including mechanical, electrical Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (PLC / SCADA) systems and associated control systems
- Health and Safety legislation, related Codes of Practice and Regulations
- City & Guilds part 3, National Certificate (ONC), or equivalent in multi-skilled discipline
- NVQ L2/3 or equivalent in multi-skilled discipline
- Latest edition of the electrical wiring regulations (City&Guilds 2382)
- Use of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) systems
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75414161