Senior Java Developer
Do you live and breathe Software Development?
Have superb Java skills?
If you do, then we need to talk, we are looking to hire the 'Best of the Best' talented Java Developers for our new ‘state of the art’ purpose built development centre in the heart of Birmingham.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential. Even the most experienced developers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets in many advanced areas, especially within the Financial Services sector.
We are expanding and you will be joining a new team of Java experts supporting a number of exciting development projects for some of the world’s largest financial organisations.
To be part of the team we are looking for candidates who have solid core Java skills along with SQL and or Oracle. Banking and finance experience is preferred but don’t be put off from applying if you don’t. We are looking for the best of the best so if you have great Java development skills from another industry do get in touch, passion for development and all things technical is important and we will support you with training on our products.
These positions focus on creating and maintaining our cutting-edge award-winning Risk and Compliance software.
Lombard Risk is committed to making you as successful as possible, our head of department will be on hand to ensure that you receive all the support you need.
As a Senior Java Developer you will be responsible for:
- Developing software ensuring that the design and development is carried out as efficiently as possible with high quality output.
- Ensuring that the developments meet the technical output requirements and applicable standards including test coverage.
- Working closely with the senior developers, technical architects and the Project Manager to ensure that the software meets delivery time frames and architectural vision.
- Working cooperatively with user experience designers where appropriate.
- Supporting QA testers and amend defects throughout the project lifecycle.
This is an exciting time as we look to the future - you could be part of a growing organisation, dedicated to providing expertise to deliver market leading compliance solutions to clients in the Financial Services sector. This is a chance to join a forward thinking, people focused business where your career can flourish.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.
- RESTful API’s, JBoss EAP 6.
- Subversion, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, JBOSS AS/Tomcat.
- Apache MyFaces (CODI).
- Experience of working with off-shore teams.