Corporate Buying Assistant
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right.
With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening 80 new stores per year. And to keep on top of that wave, we have to do something pretty special to keep our customers coming back for more.
Our buying teams – if it's possible – have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. As a Corporate Buying Assistant, it's your job to free-up your Buying Director so they can do theirs.
You'll get involved in every aspect of the buying lifecycle – from putting together tender documents and crunching numbers, preparing sampling and reviewing market data. The proposals start with you.
The Personal Assistant reports to the Director to run the assigned department efficiently and accurately, achieve compliance and regulations, whilst contributing to a co-operative working environment. Working a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent.
- Liaise with external bodies & suppliers
- Provide organisational and administrative support to the Director
- Responsible for receiving and processing mail and email as well as checking invoices for services and equipment
- Prepares statistical information and analysis
- Provides weekly / monthly cost, budget support and reporting
- Provides comprehensive travel planning including diligent cost analysis and tendering
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strict organisational skills & strong attention to detail
- Previous Administrator/Secretarial & PA experience at Director level
- Education to degree level is desirable but not essential
- GCSE level English and Maths
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75436493