Supply Chain Assistant
To assist the supply chain manager to optimise product availability and retail service levels through accurate sales monitoring and appropriate re-ordering within agreed stock parameters
- Follow and ensure that all administration systems and procedures including those required by Sarbanes are followed in timely manner to ensure product availability and delivery
- To liaise with the buying team to ensure new and ongoing lines are ordered at the correct terms and in the agreed timescales
- Manage the delivery deadlines, identifying and mitigating risk to ensure intake of stock according to planned levels, providing accurate updates on any issues
- To check all open orders, process and manage purchase orders for stock, provide up-to-date schedules and due by dates for warehouse and commercial departments.
- To progress/chase orders through the system from production to delivery by supplier
- Be a key contact for both suppliers and internal departments in relation to relevant supplier queries and communication of delivery/supplier information to the warehouse
- Manage delivery failure by suppliers and apply the appropriate fines etc.
- To assist in producing an accurate list of low and out of stock products which may need to be communicated to the trading team and store associates
- Ensure delivery schedule is managed through lead times/due date maintenance, flag any slippage and be proactive in dealing with the issues
- Numerate, good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Persuasive and able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in FMCG/retail environment
- PC & systems literate ideally AS400 and Excel
- Ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams
- Commercial awareness
- Time Management
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors. Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…