A leading global retailer are looking for a talented SQL Developer to join their fast-paced innovative team of developers. The Senior SQL Developer will contribute to the effectiveness of the Development team through designing and implementing solutions to meet business requirements, through analysis, design, development, test and subsequent support.
This role will be responsible for the managing the movement and transformation of data between the company’s internal applications, operational databases and also the company data warehouse. Claire’s started work creating and rolling out a new enterprise data warehouse using Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Data Factory and upgrading our BI suite. This role will be a key part of that transformation project.
SQL Developer Responsibilities:
• Design, development, maintenance and testing of ETL interfaces for applications and the corporate data warehouse ensuring solutions adhere to agreed technical and operational standards.
• Provision of 3rd line support for all SSIS based system integrations identifying the root cause of issues and identifying suitable solutions.
• Monitoring and performance tuning of ETL processes.
• Review and rewrite of existing Microsoft DTS packages to latest version of SSIS.
• Work with Business Analysts, IT Managers and IT Development Manager to define and document the technical scope and objectives of projects and provide an estimate of the effort required.
• Establish and ensure the continued use of standards and procedures for software development and documentation.
SQL Developer Essential Skills:
• 3+ years of ETL design using Microsoft SSIS
• 3+ years of SQL Server Experience with versions 2008 upwards
• Excellent SQL skills and ability to create T-SQL/stored procedures
•Configuration Management using Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or other version control tools
• Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, follow development standards and effectively raise critical issues with the client
SQL Developer Desirable Skills:
• Microsoft Azure platform as a service tools including Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Data Factory
• Experience ASP.NET / VB . NET
• BI Tools such as SSAS, SSRS, Power BI
• Maintenance and upgrade of SQL 2000 dts packagesUnderstanding and experience of working in a retail environment in particular working with EPOS systems
We are looking to speak with the most talented SQL Developers on the market.
To apply for the SQL Developer role please hit the apply button now or get in touch for further information!
Ferhan Zaheer / /
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75431131