Senior Project Manager (HS2)
Lead the construction assurance and delivery methodology work stream of the HS2 interface, managing the performance of project teams, external contractors and consultants and ensuring adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards.
Day to Day:
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Programme Manager, Project Board and other key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full mutual understanding of the projects' strategic and delivery objectives, to report on and review project performance, and to agree solutions that resolve complex issues.
- Ensure full compliance with Highways England Portfolio, Programme and Project Management System (P3MS), clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project delivery team, creating high quality baseline management products, producing timely and accurate reports, and creating and maintaining specified records.
- Lead the design of, agree and implement project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes, and comply with P3MS and locally defined procedures.
- Lead the feasibility, design, and assessment work for proposed HS2 interface projects (including traffic modelling, environmental impact studies etc) to inform the development of strategies and stakeholder management activities to meet ensure the SRN is not adversely affected by HS2 .
- Work closely with HS2 and its contractors to ensure that both the interfacing design and construction methodology does not import risk onto the SRN as it is developed prior to approval .
- Review HS2 and its contractors construction methodology proposals , contributing to the proposals collaboratively to meet the project outcomes .
- Good understanding of Highways England business and organisation
- Track record of managing teams to successful development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high profile projects
- Track record of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
- Track record of managing large structures construction projects
- Track record of managing and maintaining agreed project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners and stakeholders
- Track record experience of managing the development of construction methodologies and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners
- Strong evidence of stakeholder management with proven ability to negotiate to deliver outcomes and drive value for money
- Track record as mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence within a complex project environment
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75438171