Network Administrator contract vacancy in Hereford
2-4 month contract
Hays recruitment are working in partnership with an educational establishment based in the Hereford area to recruit a Network Administrator on a temporary basis with an immediate start.
This post exists to ensure the smooth running and on-going development of the college's computer network, and other systems under the direction of the IT Director.
The post holder's main role will be work co-operatively with other members of the IT Services team to both ensure the smooth running of the college's IT systems and to carry out the general administration of the college's Windows based computer network.
* Administer the College's Windows based 'Active Directory' based computer system.
* Run the college's data backup and retrieval systems.
* Ensure that all relevant software updates and patches are applied as necessary via the College's update and patch management system
* Manage the security and integrity of the college network. This will include the use of proactive monitoring, analysis and reporting tools to monitor the state of the network. It will also include monitoring appropriate technical news / threat status / anti-virus websites as well as pre-emptive patching and updating of systems to combat known security threats.
* Provide a rapid and friendly second line response to IT problems encountered by students and staff.
* Manage hardware and software deployment and maintenance as required.
* The post holder must ensure that College policies are applied at all times including the Acceptable Use Policy and Data Protection policies.
* The post holder is required to ensure that they maintain their own health and safety, and support that of any colleagues, service users or visitors in their environment in accordance with organisational policies and procedures and the training they receive.
Experience required in order to apply:
* Experience of working in IT support and Network Administration
* Experience of networking hardware & software handling, configuration and management
* In-depth technical expertise in Microsoft based environments inclusive of Windows Server, Exchange Email and Active Directory
* Knowledge of cloud service provision, notably Office 365 identity management.
* Knowledge of user / desktop management and deployment using SCCM
* Virtualisation technologies, notably VMWare
If you have the necessary experience and would like to apply for this role please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, together with your current salary, salary requirements for this role and also your notice period/availability.
Alternatively you can call Daney Bowen at Hays IT in Birmingham on 0121 230 1455 if you require additional information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75438339