Hours of work: 39 hours per week (additional hours as required)
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
Closing date: 7 September 2017
Exova Dudley forms our Corrosion Centre of Excellence with a strong international reputation in the Oil & Gas sector for sour-service materials testing. With representation at the highest levels within professional institutions and involvement in technical committees covering international testing standards, Dudley Corrosion is a laboratory of choice for many first-tier operators and contractors.
The Dudley Corrosion facility provides world class performance deliverables in the fields of mechanical, metallurgical and corrosion testing services to the oil and gas, automotive and aerospace and construction sectors.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Planning, organisation, scheduling and delivery of corrosion test programmes in accordance with international standards/specifications and internal procedures
- Customer facing role, managing client expectations and delivery of corrosion project results
- Management of information relating to specialised testing requirements defined by the client to allow preparation of internal documentation/ bespoke test procedures
- Management of workflow for bespoke projects and routine corrosion machining and testing
- Compilation of final reports for technical review and submission to clients
The successful candidate will be expected to possess effective project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to strict timescales and deadlines. Excellent co-ordination and influencing skills combined with a strong customer focus are key to success.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will have the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels, both with colleagues and clients. The ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and coordinate are essential attributes of this role as you will be working to tight deadlines and targets. Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills are required.
A technical/engineering background is required, ideally within the corrosion industry, as is the ability to work closely with technical experts.
Knowledge of corrosion testing, electrochemistry and corrosion mechanisms is advantageous and an understanding of welding processes would also be beneficial, although appropriate training would be provided to the successful candidate.
To apply for this role please click the apply now button below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75431934