HR Assistant - TUPE 12 month fixed term contract
To provide an accurate and efficient support and service for business and HR customers with respect to all transactional and Right to Work aspects of the TUPE transfer process. This position will report directly into the TUPE Team Leader and you will be required to work with HRBPs from across the Business.
To be an advocate of Interserve HR policy and practice in support of the IFM Employer Brand, Employee Proposition, culture, values and People Management Framework. Please note from January 2018, employees based at Intersection House, West Bromwich will relocate to our new site, Ingenuity House, Bickenhill Lane, Solihull.
- Undertake administration processing for HR transactions relating to TUPE transfer employee lifecycle for the contract; TUPE pack collation, validation of ELI, payroll submission etc
- Completion of relevant security procedures and compliance activity including Right to Work.
- Liaising with the transferring employees, HR Teams and Operational teams to obtain relevant information etc.
- Inputting data manually and via mass upload tools on to the HR system and updating records accordingly.
- Maintain TUPE transfer data via excel in the early stages of the TUPE.
- Referral or escalation of issues to appropriate member of HR team.
- Daily contact and liaison with the TUPE Project Manager, HRBP and Operational teams.
- Ensure queries and requests from customers are responded to efficiently, accurately and in accordance with the IFM policy and procedural framework and agreed service standards.
- Undertake administrative support to the HR function for bulk employee communications, TUPE data gathering, etc via mail merges.
- Data gathering in support of TUPE out, and providing in excel format.
- Presenting data in an excel format that is clear, accurate and meaningful to the customer including report generation.
- Liaison and processing of info in relation to 3rd party providers of pensions, payroll services, benefits and printing.
- Submission of all payroll related information to outsourced Payroll Provider.
- Maintain an efficient and organised paper based filing system pending transfer to an online document management system.
What we are looking for
- Quality orientation - Shows awareness of goals and standards. Follows through to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Planning and organising – Organises and schedules events, activities and resources. Monitors timescales and plans.
- Resilience - Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Written communication - Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Strong customer service skills and excellent telephone manner
- Experience of working within a busy modern HR administration department desirable
- HR experience and a basic understanding of HR policy and procedures is highly desirable but not essential.
- RTW knowledge in line with UKBA guidelines.
- Knowledge of DBS and Disclosure Scotland is highly desirable but not essential
- Must have intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- Accurate keyboard skills and data entry experience.
- An understanding of HR systems would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to communicate with stakeholders of all levels
- Well organised, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team and to work on own initiative.
- Cooperative and willing to assist others.
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to use computer applications, e-mail, MFD (Multi Functional Device).
- Must be of intermediate to advanced level user of Microsoft Excel
- There may be requirements to travel to sites across the UK where the mobilisation projects requires extra support.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75438781