Buyer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of manufacturing technology? Do you have a background in the successful facilitation and delivery of purchasing / procurement projects? Have you got a background of working in a fast paced manufacturing / R&D environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will be responsible for managing procurement activity for a specific product group at our clients Stafford manufacturing facility. Your role will involve delivering procurement excellence and integration between Global Supply Network Division and the facility. As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions expertise and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects and inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category buyers.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role.
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of managing global suppliers.
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management would be beneficial.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75428168