2nd Line Support Engineer
2nd Line Support Engineer – Telford – Permanent
ITR Personnel are supporting a Telford based company in their search for a new 2nd Line Support Engineer to join them on a Permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business based in modern offices and offering excellent career progression. The role does require out of office hours cover so you must be flexible with this.
Duties will include (but not be limited to)
- Manage calls escalated from 1st line support
- Perform maintenance and technical tasks eg. PC & laptop builds and diagnosis
- Testing and investigating
- Work to SLA’s
- Remote support and diagnosis
- Travel to customer sites around the UK on occasion (can also include overnight stays)
Technical skills / experience required include:
- Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Server administration
- Windows 7 / 8 desktop support experience
- The remote support in a CITRIX environment
- Remote troubleshooting of hardware
- Experience with network & router / firewall remote trouble shooting and configuration including TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration
- Support and troubleshoot MS Office 2007 / 2010 & 2013
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync connectivity
- Working knowledge of Barracuda firewall products, spam filtering technologies & MS Sharepoint is advantageous
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you MUST have experience in a similar 2nd / 3rd line support role. You’ll also need to be flexible on working hours and being able to travel around the UK.
You MUST have excellent communication skills as well as the required technical skills.
The Central Telford site is commutable from Shrewsbury, Market Drayton, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Stafford, Newport, Shifnal, Bridgnorth etc
Alternative job titles would include 2nd Line Support, Technical Support, 3rd Line Support, IT Support etcITR PersonnelWhether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract -you’ll find we provide a professional but friendly, efficient, system driven recruitment service - where we remember that people do matter. Offering a full recruitment service across a variety of sectors; we continuously strive to ensure we give an honest, reliable service.With a wealth of specialist knowledge in the local recruitment market, ITR Personnel is the latest addition to the ITR Group.Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.ITR Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. ITR Personnel is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75437769