This is an excellent opportunity to join as an operations manager for a blue chip business that will offer real variety and development to the successful candidate based in the West Midlands.
This is business is a true global market leading company, with operations across the world. In the UK, they have a strong presence and are going through another period of strong growth, and are looking for an Operations Manager that is looking to develop their career with a global blue chip business at their site in Birmingham.
The Operations Manager will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage production daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations
- Minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Update the production plan on a daily basis
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set objectives/KPIs within area of responsibility and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Extensive production experience with significant proven supervisory experience
- Excellent leadership, people- management and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Proven problem solving skills
This role is paying £50,000 - £55,000 DOE + Package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75428444