Job Title – Mechanical Fitter (x2)
Location – Coleshill
Hours of Work – Monday to Friday (8am to 4pm)
Salary - £25,000 plus overtime (x1.5 hourly rate)
Benefits – Pension (5% employee / 10% Employer)
Holidays – 25 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
Our client specialises in the manufacturing of products for the construction market. With sites across the UK, this multi-million pound company are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Fitter to work in their automated production facility in Coleshill.
The Mechanical Fitters will be responsible for the Maintenance of the various transfer cars used in the manufacture of Concrete Blocks. The Transfer Cars, which run on rails around the plant, consist of a bogie with four steel flanged wheels (very similar to that of a train) and a steel platform top and supporting steelwork.
Daily duties include:
- Gas or Plasma cutting of any damaged Steel work.
- Fabricating new Steel work.
- Welding new steelwork to Transfer Cars.
- Stripping and fitting new bearings and wheel sets.
- Maintenance of Rails running around the plant.
- Oiling and Greasing of moving parts.
The Mechanical Fitters would also be expected to assist the Mechanical Maintenance Engineers with general preventative Maintenance tasks, when all transfer cars have been serviced.
To be successful in your application you must have the following skills, abilities or qualifications:
- Must have a recognised qualification or certificate in Mechanical Engineering, Welding or Fabrication.
- Must have previous experience repairing heavy steelwork.
- Must be able to Weld and Fabricate.
Our client is keen to speak to anyone with similar experience, such as maintenance of Heavy Plant, Heavy Haulage Vehicles, Rail vehicles, Agricultural Equipment, Quarry and Mining Equipment. Similarly, candidates who have recently left the Armed Forces with Mechanical Maintenance experience are of particular interest.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75422223