Maintenance Engineer is required to join an awards winning components manufacturer, serving customers within all of the major markets. As Maintenance Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all production equipment, keeping down-time to an absolute minimum, whilst contributing to the safe and efficient running of production processes and cost-effective use of down-time.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, you will work within a close-knit team however, must also be capable of working individually and key responsibilities within this role will include:
- First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency breakdown on plant, equipment and buildings – Diagnosing problems as quickly as possible
- Effectively manage breakdown and / or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action in the following areas; Robotics, PLC’s, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Carry out a safe system of work for Predictive, Preventative and Planned Maintenance as required
- Assist Works Engineer in carrying out modifications, improvement activities and other tasks to reduce machine downtime and improve safety at work
- In the absence of the Works Engineer, supervise Contractors on site and issue / close Permits to Work
- Use conventional workshop hand tools, metal working machinery and welding apparatus as required to repair equipment and machinery etc.
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Engineer, you may have previously worked as an Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Fitter, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer or Maintenance Electrician and you will possess the following skills and qualities:
Proven track record of working within an electrical maintenance role in a similar environment
Recognised qualification e.g. ONC / HNC or equivalent apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
Experience in PLC controls in Production and manufacturing equipment
Knowledge of Robotic systems
This position is to be based in Worcester and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Kidderminster, Redditch, Malvern, Bromyard, Stourport-On-Severn, Evesham, Tewkesbury, Pershore, Ledbury, Gloucester, and Hereford.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75419427