Senior Design Strategist
Senior Design Strategist / Warwick / £50k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Design Research, Design strategy, User research, Ethnography, Workshops, Anthropology
An award winning Product Design Consultancy based in the heart of Warwickshire is looking to hire a new Senior Design Strategist. This is a well establish and industry leading studio with a portfolio that spans across over 50 years of design and development in many sectors such as Medical, FMCG, Consumer Products and Transport. They are in need of a talented design researcher or design strategist who possesses strong customer affinity and user empathy, thrives on working in multi-disciplinary teams and has a passion for field / ethnographic research, data analysis and insights translation. The Design Researcher will take a leading role in the Research team, and will work closely with other design researchers, strategists, ergonomists, designers and engineers.
THE SENIOR DESIGN STRATEGIST JOB
- Involved in the designing and planning of research projects from conception to execution.
- Conduct requirements gathering tasks such as stakeholder interviews, observations, contextual inquiries, user interviews, workshops, and other methods.
- Work on research projects from front end strategic planning work to detailed validation exercises.
- Translate data into insights, frameworks and expressions of human needs.
- Help create compelling presentations and design/product recommendations.
- Develop and experiment with new research methods
- Spend time travelling.
- Experience of applying qualitative design research methodologies on live client projects.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and across disciplines on multiple projects.
- Passion for user experience, and an advocate for the user.
- Personable/ able to relax clients/consumers and get the most from a field visit.
- Flexible working style with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
ABOUT THE SENIOR DESIGN STRATEGIST
- At least five years' experience conducting research within a product development context.
- Degree or equivalent in design research, design strategy, design, human factors, cognitive science, usability, anthropology, engineering, or equivalent field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can demonstrate experience with project examples.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75402950