Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Location: Sutton Coldfield, B72 1SX
Sales Executive Salary: Excellent DOE
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
About the company:
International Compliance Training (ICT) is the primary and longest established training partner of the International Compliance Association and a key part of Wilmington plc's Risk & compliance division. We deliver training worldwide leading to the award of ICA's professional qualifications in governance, risk and compliance, anti money laundering and financial crime prevention. We also provide bespoke training solutions to firms.
Main Purpose of Role:
International Compliance Training is looking for a Midlands based Business Development Manager to join their expanding team to develop new client relationships and then manage these to meet our ambitious growth targets. We are looking for a sales specialist, ideally with experience in the financial services sector, who thrives on being part of a small, dynamic team, and also being able to work independently to find new ways of sourcing and winning high value business. We will provide a full induction programme, a place on the Wilmington Commercial Masterclass series of sales training workshops, an attractive salary and commission scheme, and the chance to be part of the rapidly growing risk & compliance market.
Responsibilities will include:
• Achieve budgeted sales and profit margins that contribute towards ICT’s growth; track progress against targets and propose remedial actions if targets are not being met
• Generate a robust pipeline of new client business opportunities by targeting prospective new clients; work with marketing to develop marketing strategies that support this approach
• Ensure efficient and effective operating standards for sales administration, planning and reporting systems, managing the sales process from prospecting to negotiation.
• Provide professionally presented proposals, presentations and other documentation that meet client requirements
• Develop accounts from transactional to partnership through developing client relationships, using a range of key account management tactics and strategies and utilizing third party and stakeholder organisations where relevant
• Submit weekly work in progress reports and ensure data is accurate for real time reporting.
• Work with the inhouse team and other divisions to support and develop our large strategic accounts, including tender responses
• Work with the Commercial Director and finance team to construct winning bids which meet the needs of the client.
• Ensure company pro-forma process is accurately completed for all proposals and new business gains.
• Support contract compliance through the negotiation of company contractual and payment terms, ensuring all aspects are understood and accepted.
Skills and Experience Required:
• This person in this role should be engaging and have a proven track record in sales to C-Level client base – global 500 companies.
• They should also preferably have knowledge of the financial services sector.
• They should be educated to graduate level.
• Key account management expertise
• Customer business planning / key account planning experience
• Creating and delivering customer focussed solutions and impactful proposals
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft skills (excel, powerpoint, word)
• Experience of using a CRM system
• Knowledge of the B2B sales process
• Strong numerical skills
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity”
Application deadline is Wednesday 6th September!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75400741