We are currently recruiting a Workshop Manager position for a leading research, development and testing business at their state-of the art manufacturing and production prototyping site in the West Midlands. The successful Workshop Manager will be responsible for managing a number of diverse product ranges, leading a small team of c.15.
Our client is a leading innovator in a number of different industrial manufacturing and production industry sectors. With ever-expanding facilities and a plethora of new pioneering projects, this represents the opportunity for a proactive Workshop Manager to join with a business that prides itself on its contribution to technical advances on a global scale.
- Lead matrix teams to deliver product on time to the customer, setting expectations for the work team
- Management of internal/ external customer relationships
- Manage the team and equipment in tandem with inter-departmental liaison in order to produce high quality product within agreed timelines.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities to improve process flows, cutting inefficiencies out of the production line.
- Lead lean improvements with the primary aim of reducing scrap rate
- Make necessary amendments to production schedule
- Engage, mentor and develop the team's capability
- Engineering Apprenticeship essential
- Strong communicator
- Competent with various continuous improvement tools (5s, Kaizen, 5Y etc)
- Background in supervisory role, developing and leading a team
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments
- Familiarity with implementation of SOPs, time-management, employee appraisals and GAP analysis
Salary from £32,000 - £38,000 DOE + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75394271