Our continued success and business growth has opened up a number of exciting opportunities for experienced, organised and engaging HR Managers to join our successful Screwfix contract at our three locations operated across Staffordshire; Stafford, Trentham (Stoke on Trent) and Lichfield.
The contract is responsible for both the replenishment of over 3million units per week to 500+ Screwfix Trade Counters across the UK (from the Stafford distribution centre), and also the direct fulfilment for over 110,000 parcels per week despatched via parcel carrier networks for both Screwfix and B&Q (from the Trentham fulfilment centre).
We also have an opportunity at our new site due to open November 2017 in Lichfield (Fradley Park). This site will support the existing Stafford operation servicing the retail network.Key Responsibilities
- Line Management responsibility for site HR team.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the People plan, ensuring best practice approaches are established and recruitment / selection techniques are utilised to ensure we attract the very best talent.
- Delivering the site HR strategy ensuring alignment to the business plan and customer’s continued growth plans.
- Responsible for the overall management of all H.R. activities and key initiatives, such as Resourcing, Performance Management, Talent Management and Development, Succession Planning, Labour Costs and Legal spends.
- Ensuring a best in class performance against contractual KPI’s, i.e. sickness absence, attrition, safety, etc. through effective partnership with appropriate site management team.
- Supporting the management team with ER issues and ensuring the team provide robust HR support and advice.
- Working together with local union and workforce representatives to develop a positive and proactive constructive working relationship, implementing an employee relations climate of excellence to support the site’s development.
- Ensuring all legislative requirements are met and HR best practice is firmly established within the contract.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the site engagement strategy in line with Wincanton vision and values.
- Must be able to demonstrate HR achievements in the above areas, ideally in a similar working environment.
- Experience of a start up or large scale recruitment would be advantageous.
- CIPD qualification with first hand experience of dealing with complex ER issues.
- Possess excellent influencing skills and strength of character, with the personal qualities of tenacity and resilience required to be effective.
- Have the ability to analyse complex situations and provide workable solutions to a variety of stakeholders, adjusting your style to suit.
- Sound knowledge of employment law.
- Strong communication & negotiating skills.
- Strong organisation skills with the tenacity to work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of verbal, numerical and analytical ability.
- Good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Committed to providing a high quality and efficient service to support the operation with the ability to align HR to operational requirements.
- Flexible in terms of hours of work and travel where required for the role.
This is an ideal role for an individual who is looking to develop their HR career in a high profile, challenging and exciting environment.About Us
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Screwfix (part of the Kingfisher group) have over 500 Trade Counters as well as a full ecommerce next day service. We operate over 2m sq ft of warehousing and have 2,500 colleagues and 350 trailers dedicated to the contract. Fulfilling multi-channel solutions designed around the customer experience, the growth of the Screwfix business has been 14% year on year
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75392531