Conduct Risk Consultant
Provide conduct risk advice and guidance to the Business, as well as deliver effective 2nd line challenge to their approach to managing their risks.
A prestige Financial Services Company, based in Birmingham is looking to hire a Conduct Risk Consultant.
The ideal Financial Services- Conduct Risk Consultant will operate autonomously in the Birmingham based role and be accountable for:
- Providing conduct risk advice and guidance to the Business on new projects, products, services and other initiatives, developing and influencing changes where required, to ensure they are designed to deliver fair customer outcomes and operate within agreed conduct risk appetite.
- Providing 2nd line challenge to the Business on their approach to managing conduct risks to ensure that they are regularly reviewing and updating their policies and processes to deliver fair customer outcomes and operate within agreed conduct risk appetite.
- Analysing proposed regulatory changes and providing advice, guidance and education to the Business on the impacts of these proposals, providing input to consultations and implementation activity so that relevant conduct risks are identified and managed effectively.
- Proactively identifying all material conduct risks for the Business, investigating these to understand their impact and ensuring effective risk management is in place to mitigate any adverse impacts, providing a reliable, up to date view of all risks.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of conduct risk developments, and participate in knowledge sharing across the Conduct team, so that the Business receives a professional and credible service on the conduct risk framework.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with other Group second line functions, including the Group Conduct Risk team, Chief Risk Officers' teams, Prudential Risk teams and Group Risk team to enable effective communications on matters of mutual interest and effective reporting on business risks and issues.
- Deputise for Conduct Risk Managers as directed and escalate significant issues as appropriate.
The ideal Financial Services candidate for the Conduct Risk Consultant position will have good experience supporting a general insurance business, as well as strong regulatory knowledge and experience of FCA rules.
An advisory role with true autonomy, based in Birmingham.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75388668