Technical Service Manager
My client are recruiting for a Senior Technical Services Manager to be based in a large site in Birmingham. This is a Temporay to permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £41,000 - £43,000. The role holder will report to the Head of Facilities and will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the maintenance services in accordance with the requirements of the Private Finance Initiative (PFI) Concession Agreement at New Birmingham Hospital Project.
Responsible for the effective management of Technical Services Managers and trade staff ensuring all maintenance activities comply with Company guidelines.
The post holder will also collaborate and co-operate with the Service Providers to deliver customer focused, cost effective and efficient maintenance service.
- Preferably mechanically biased
- Must have ample post qualification experience
- Manage and co-ordinate direct employed labour and sub-contractors in reacting to breakdowns and implementing the Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems
- Ensure all maintenance activities comply with Company guidelines
- Provide technical assurance advice across the discipline of maintenance services
- Review and develop the quality of service at an operational level and Control expenditure as delegated by the Head of Facilities.
- Ensure all staff are trained and aware of health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the companies Incident and Behavioral Safety Initiatives
- Set objectives and appraise staff in line with company policy
- Positively manage relationships with stakeholders and Trust representatives to enhance perception of service provision
- Be prepared to undertake any relevant training in order to develop the post in line with changing needs of the service provision
- Maintain records as appropriate, relevant plant and equipment for technical performance
- Prepare estimates for new works
- Act as Authorised Person where directed and appointed
- Participate in maintenance on-call rota
- Liaise and undertake duties at other project sites as directed
- Experience of risk management and health and safety
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and industry guidelines
- ONC or BTEC NVQ Level 3 in relevant discipline
- Authorised Person qualified to Health Technical Memoranda (HTM) Standard preferably mechanically biased
- Computer literate with good IT skills
- GCSE / O Level Mathematics and English or equivalent
- HNC in relevant engineering discipline
- Qualified to 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- Qualified as Authorized
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75389195