Long term freelance opportunity available with a tier one contractor on a project worth over £100 million, please read on if this is of interest...
To deliver technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client's brief.
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures.
- Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval.
- Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Manage delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare and CDM Responsibilities, as well as relevant company procedures.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member.
- Contribute to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
- Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
- Take responsibility for own personal development with the support of line manager, following an agreed programme.
- Assist in the development of other team members (e.g. Assistant Engineers/Graduate Engineers/Technicians).
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Working towards a chartered/incorporated status of a relevant professional institution.
- Have substantial knowledge of, and experience in, inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures to UK standards.
- The experience of Value Managing schemes using Highways England's processes and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar consultancy business.
- Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards.
- Experience of working on design and build contracts (desirable)
- Experience of design of highway structures to Eurocodes (desirable)
- Ability to act as competent designer.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- IT Literate.
- Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75374148