Apprenticeship and Compliance Team Leader
EY is a newly accredited Employer Provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) and will be expanding their number of apprentices, utilising Apprenticeship Standards, in 2017. This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of EY's UK Talent Shared Services (TSS), to lead the formation and ongoing management of a new team whose responsibilities will include the initiation and maintenance of administration to support EY's Apprentices and to perform compliance activities required by government bodies such as the Skills Funding Agency and Ofsted.
You will work closely with various EY teams including our HR Services team and our broader Apprenticeship team to support the design and implementation of our end to end Apprenticeship delivery.
This role will suit someone with a further education background, or someone who has worked within an SFA funded training provider, and is looking to increase their experience within the private sector.
Your key responsibilities
- Support the creation of the apprenticeship compliance service delivery model within the UK Talent Shared Service Centre, including the creation of team roles, processes and ways of working.
- Create process documentation to enable the apprenticeship coordinators to transact processes in business as usual.
- Work with the Talent Shared Services project team on the acquisition of an Individualised Learning Records system.
- Participate in the recruitment selection and on-boarding of the apprenticeship coordinator team
- Day to day people and operational management of Apprenticeship Coordinators ensuring all process requirements are adhered to
- Ensure complete data integrity and compliance with data and evidence requirements including the processing of start, leaver, completions, changes on programme, eligibility etc. and maintaining the evidence pack
- Lead on the production and submission of compliant ILRs on a monthly basis to evidence funding claims
- Maintain expert knowledge on the use and storage of apprentice learner (evidence pack) and ILR data, particularly in relation to ILR funding rules requirements and the Apprenticeship Service
- Act as a system and process expert to support the Apprenticeship Coordinators through promotion of best practice, developing and maintaining supporting documentation
- Identify and address training needs within the team to ensure Coordinators have the required knowledge and skills to perform their role
- Operate a cycle of continuous improvement, identifying and implementing efficiencies that improve our Apprenticeship delivery in an effective way
- Proactively manage risk through performance of regular data and system audits to ensure data integrity and accuracy of the Apprenticeship team
- Ensure all necessary documentation and procedures are in place for external audit readiness, such as Ofsted, SFA and QAA visits
- Produce reports and analyse data to help inform business decisions
- Lead the induction and on-going training of new Coordinators to ensure they have the required knowledge in order to deliver in line with quality requirements
- Deliver to, and monitor, key operational deadlines, KPIs and SLAs
- Commit to own personal development and completion of appropriate learning to ensure knowledge, capability and skills are current
- Counsel, coach and develop team members, providing advice and motivation to meet personal and professional goals. Managing any performance issues in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Promote effective communication within the team developing interventions to engage and motivate them, acting as a role model
Skills and attributes for success
- High attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and quality
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and vision, manage operational activities and experience of leading process improvement
- Excellent people management, coaching and interpersonal skills
- ?An ability to interact well and build relationships with people at all levels
- A proven ability to coach others and manage the personal development of team members
- Capable of working under pressure, to prioritise workload and project requirements and manage own time effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience of high volume data management within a management information team and of using ILR/MIS, such Cognisoft Yeti, MAYTAS or PICS, and internal audit systems such as DSAT
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of apprenticeship funding rules and the audit requirements of the Skills Funding Agency and Ofsted
- Strong IT literacy with Microsoft packages and a good understanding of how technology can be used to improve processes and services
- Demonstrable experience of supervising and managing a team
- Qualified in Maths and English GCSE A-C or equivalent at a minimum, IT qualifications would be an advantage.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic, can do approach
- Ability to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
- Ability to pre-empt deadlines and pursue colleagues for relevant information
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75367040