CMM Programmer / Inspector (Pref Calypso)
CMM Programmer / Inspectorwith experience of writing Calypso (v5.0 or higher) programs for ZEISS CMM's and undertaking first principle measurements is needed for a contract position in the Wolverhampton, West Midlands area. The position will be working Monday to Friday days. The rate of pay is negotiable (dependent on experience and qualifications).
The successful CMM Programmer / Inspector day to day duties will include:
- Online and offline programming and operation of CALYPSO controlled Carl Zeiss CMM machines
- Preparation and provision of test specifications
- Handling technical enquiries and liaising with clients.
- Receiving and registering any work as necessary
- Completing test schedules & technical reports to effect optimum efficiency of the calibration area
- Carry out audits in metrology department
- To follow company H&S guidelines and working safely at all times taking in to account own actions and their impact on others.
To be suitable for this CMM Programmer / Inspector role you must have the following experience / characteristics:
- Online / Offline programming of Calypso controlled Zeiss CMM's.
- Ideally will have completed a relevant engineering apprenticeship or be time served.
- Able to undertake first principle measurements.
- Good spatial awareness to work without CAD Models.
- Compiling FAIR's / First Off's & LAIR's / Last Off.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
To be more suitable for this CMM Programmer / Inspector role it would be more advantageous if you have the following skills / experience:
- Online / Offline programming of Calypso V5.0 or higher on Zeiss CMM's.
- Experience of inspecting and writing CMM programs used to measure aerospace components.
- Relevant CMM qualifications / training.
- AutoCAD knowledge.
- Relevant qualifications in engineering discipline.
- Previous experience of working in the Aerospace / Automotive industry.
Key Words: CMM Engineer, Carl Zeiss, Calypso, CMM Programmer, C.M.M. Operator, Co-ordinate Measuring Machine, FAIR, First Article Inspection Report, F.A.I.R, L.A.I.R, FAI Report, LAIR, Precision Components, Metrology, Aerospace, Automotive, Inspector, Calibration, Metrology, ISO9000, UKAS, Inspection, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
The successful C.M.M. Programmer / Inspector will need to be flexible as there may be overtime, a requirement to work at different sites and other duties not mentioned in this job description. You will have the relevant qualifications or experience, be punctual, conscientious, keen and have a practical approach to work.
To apply, you should be an experienced CMM Operator / Programmer with inspection experience please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75340279