Mechanical Service Engineer (involves world Travel)
Bright and energetic Mechanical Service Engineer required for a Mechanical field service role to work with a rapidly expanding and developing market leader, who design, manufacture and install bespoke Mechanical equipment for their niche market. This role offers excellent earning potential and opportunity for extensive worldwide travel. Proven Mechanical and Hydraulics ability coupled with a professional customer focused attitude are required for this role which will offer training and excellent progression prospects.
The successful Mechanically-biased candidate will be responsible for the complete life cycle of the company’s bespoke manufactured products, from site assembly & test, installation, commissioning, repair and maintenance, both onsite and offshore. Overseas trips can vary from 2 days to 8 weeks at a time. Field assignments would see particular activity in Asia and the United States, as well as within the UK and mainland Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Service Engineer will be responsible for the service, maintenance, installation and repair of Mechanical / Hydraulic systems.
- Attend breakdowns and undertake fault finding.
- Identifying faults and repairing products
- Liaise with customers and ensure that they are up to date on progress.
- Report back to Service Manager via telephone or computer and keep informed with the progress.
- You will also be required to use a wide variety of testing equipment like Load Cells.
- Advise customers on best possible solutions to ensure that the company’s bespoke equipment is working to the best of its ability.
- You will be required to complete reports on the ‘Scope of works’ carried out.
Skills & Experience:
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong multi skilled background within Mechanical / Hydraulics, ideally from a Time served apprenticeship.
- Ability to fault find mechanical and or hydraulic issues.
- Fully conversant with mechanical drawings, including Hydraulic Schematic.
- Flexible attitude - extensive travel worldwide.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- HNC qualified in a mechanical discipline- advantageous
- C&G or NVQ level 3 in mechanical discipline
- OTE £50k + with off-shore allowances, circa £28k basic annual salary.
- 33 days holiday including all statutory and public holidays.
- Company Van use, Overseas / Overtime Allowance plus mobile, laptop, tools and test equipment.
- Monday - Thursday 8.00am-4.45pm, Friday 8am- 12.00pm.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
For more vacancies visit our website
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75347022