Field Maintenance Engineers - Fire Suppression, Birmingham
A leading mechanical and electrical contractor in the Fire Suppression industry have key requirements for Field Maintenance Engineers across the UK, ideal locations are Leeds, Birmingham, London and Nottingham.
The purpose of this role is To attend assigned visits to customer premises and perform all necessary system maintenance or fault diagnostics and repair. Ensuring system serviceability testing and paperwork is completed after assigned job is finished. To work as directed as part of the maintenance team on the installation and commissioning of water mist fire suppression systems.
1. Maintenance Visit Planning. On receipt of assigned work schedule ensuring that all necessary equipment and service kits to conduct the assigned work is on works van and for liaising with the office for additional supplies where necessary.
2. Maintenance Work. Performing all maintenance and repair work thoroughly, in a safe manner, and in accordance with all laid down service instructions. Ensuring system items removed from customer premises are labelled as necessary to identify the part and issue, and returned to Fireworks office.
3. Paperwork. Ensuring all paperwork in respect of each job is completed properly and is received by the Fireworks office in a timely manner and in good condition.
4. Call Out Duties. During nominated call out periods ensure phone is kept on and is responded to in a timely fashion. On receipt of call out schedule keep nominated call out dates free of holiday and other commitments and notify the office immediately of any perceived conflicts.
6. Service Vehicle. Maintaining allocated service vehicle in a good condition and for performing all daily and weekly checks, and for ensuring completed check sheets are received by the Fireworks office in a timely manner and in good condition.
7. Equipment. Ensuring that all work equipment is maintained, including: Ladder checks and tags, PAT testing, Calibrations, and associated pre-use checks.
8. Purchasing. Ensuring that all purchases made in respect of the assigned company credit card is wholly necessary and for the sole use of work related purchasing. Maintaining credit card sheets and receipts and any other paperwork which may be required by the finance dept.
10. Communication. Maintain good communications with colleagues, responding in a timely manner to emails, text messages or phone calls and ensuring relevant information is passed on quickly.
11. Quality, Health, Safety, Welfare and the Environment (QHSE). Observe all company QHSE policies, procedures and other instructions and ensure all concerns observed or reported are submitted to the QHSE Compliance department. Notify the office without delay of any incidents, near misses or H&S concerns.
Special Conditions and Other Requirements
Able to work and stay away from home and, if necessary, to do so at short notice when needed.
Able to attain all necessary security clearances required of the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75347724