Development Operations Engineer
Development Operations Engineer required for an exciting permanent role based in Birmingham City Centre.
You will be a part of a Development Operations transformation team having a strong proven background gained in all areas of the SDLC from design, development and operations right thought to infrastructure. Positive desire for automation, where it makes sense, supporting the continuous delivery wherever possible, third party services. Act as a consultant to support the digital transformation strategy, enabling the quality of service required.
As expected in these roles, some out of hours and/or weekend work may be required.
- To be an active member of the team to support the development operations strategy with an objective of continuous delivery, thus supporting the overall Target Operating Model
- Consult and support teams to improve the end to end continuous delivery strategy for both on premise and cloud solutions
- Support the suite of tooling for our development operations environment such as source control, continuous build, deployment and infrastructure provisioning software
- Provide development operations consultancy in a complex environment of Linux, Windows and Azure platforms
- Train and encourage teams to make the change enabling a culture of development operations
- Work as one team with Development, Testing, Infrastructure, Service, Operations and Project management teams
- Support ITIL processes with automation, in particular release and change management
- Support and troubleshoot, providing hands-on technical expertise where required
- To comply with relevant company procedures and policies
The role is in a fast growing business who are recently undergoing an expanded to Birmingham City Centre. They offer a good work environment and modern offices that are easily accessible by public transport.
My client is offering a competitive salary plus bonus and excellent benefits including: Free Season Travel Pass, Free Lunch, 25 Days Holidays, Gym Membership, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and more.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75353686