Drivetrain Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engineering technology? Do you have a background in the successful technical facilitation and delivery of projects? Have you got a background of working in a design and project engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in a team that has the engineering responsibility for all for small transmissions systems. You will support the needs to increase our responsiveness to OEM customers, accelerate cost reduction plans and develop solutions to resolve current product design issues.
- In this role you will have the responsibility for the development, integration and validation of transmission design solutions to address known field issues, resolve quality concerns and provide engineering support to maintain production.
- Reporting directly to the engineering supervisor you will be required to manage the resolution of multiple production and field related concerns.
- Project management and technical design & test experience of transmission and or driveline component design is required.
- You will be required to work within a team of engineers providing technical leadership.
- The role will include release and implementation of drawings through the appropriate engineering release systems.
- Pro/Engineer / Creo experience highly desirablebut not 100% essential if you are able to show experience on other CAD system.
- Experience of driveline/engine development, design, installation & validation
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent proven experience
- Ability to self-direct but also work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Proven mechanical engineering competence, either in the field of root cause analysis or component/system level validation.
- Knowledge engineering to release processes.
- Certified 6Sigma Green Belt desired but not essential
- New Product introduction knowledge.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading engineering business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75342346