Datacentre Systems Engineer
We are looking to recruit a datacentre technician/server administrator to join part of our ever expanding team. Founded in 2004 we are one of the UK's leading provider's of dedicated server and co-location solutions.
The vacancy is a technical role suited for those with a keen interest in IT and technology ideally with Linux experience. The position will be based from our Coventry datacentre with occasional visits required to third party sites.
Successful applicants will work on a 4 On/4 Off shift pattern which will include some night and weekend work with 25 days annual holiday.
Day to day jobs in this role will include:
- Deploying new hardware and networking equipment
- Installing and configuration of Windows/Unix operating systems
- Dealing with customer support enquiries via telephone and our in house web based ticket system
- Troubleshooting issues with web server related software (Apache, mySQL etc)
No previous experience or skills are necessary though all candidates must posses good written and spoken English.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Linux and Windows operating systems (CentOS, VMware, Windows Server, Redhat)
- Understanding/Knowledge of OSI Model
- Cisco/Juniper Networking
- Basic understanding of PC/server components
- PHP/Perl Scripting + Basic mySQL Understanding
- Experience setting up either linux/windows webserver enviroments (Apache, nGinx, IIS)
- cPanel/WHM or other web hosting control panels
- Knowledge of DNS systems