If you've set your heart on a career in Projects and Programmes Practice join Computacenter as Programme Manager based in Midlands/ Birmingham and you'll find there's everything in place for you to realise your ambitions. Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2015 of £3.1 billion and circa, 14,000 employees, listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. We'll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, and treat you with respect in a small-team environment - 82% of our employees believe they are treated with respect as an individual.
A new fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced Programme Manager to join our flourishing practice, focussing on high value, complex infrastructure projects. You'll be part of a close-knit Projects and Programme team, you'll enjoy an environment where people support and respect each other. We're looking for someone who can live up to our reputation for delivering on promises - someone who can solve problems creatively to get the job done. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
'Computacenter has extensive scale and over 20 years' experience of professional project management in delivering transformational IT services and contractual service transition to our customers.
The Practice now comprises of over 600 qualified professionals who deliver these services through in excess of 150 projects each year, making Computacenter Projects and Programmes Practice one of the largest project management presences in our marketplace'.
Based at Midlands/ Birmingham
Competitive + Car
The role will focus on key strategic or complex single projects, or on multiple projects, of up to c £10m services value. The successful individual will have significant experience in managing this type of engagement, and will be highly proficient in change management, and managing the scope of projects. He or she will also be used to managing virtual teams and will come from a background where the focus will have been on technology oriented projects. Typical infrastructure projects will include contractual service transitions, transformation projects, datacentre relocations, Rollouts, WAN projects, IP projects, VDI/Virtualisation engagements. The successful individual will not be aligned to any specific vertical sector or line of business, but will operate across all.
What will you be doing?
- Guiding clients and internal colleagues through the management and execution of strategic business transformation programs
- Implementing transformational change across large complex multi-disciplinary environments.
- Assisting the Projects Practice management in developing, marketing and conducting the Programme Management function
- Assisting the Chief Operating Officer in developing and maintaining programme management services
- Contributing to divisional developments and initiatives from the Programme Management viewpoint
- Acting as head of a multi-disciplinary team in a complex, multi-threaded, multi-site, high value, international etc. projects.
- Negotiating effectively with clients and colleagues at the highest level, covering all aspects of Computacenter's services range
- Overseeing the development of project proposals, bids and tender responses
- Controlling effectively the activities of the (senior) project manager(s) in the project
- Overseeing the development of case studies and other material based on projects managed
- Leading project recovery operations when required, in accordance with agreed project recovery procedures
- Hands-on delivery of complex business and IT programmes
- Managing executive stakeholders and build and sustain relationships at all levels.
- Constructing clear and concise arguments based on relevant facts, evidence and personal judgement to persuade others
What do we need from you?
- Holds Prince2 Practitioner qualification
- Experience in Managing complex infrastructure programmes - particularly with elements of transition and transformation
- Must have experience in having managed at least 3 large projects of £800000 services value (excluding hardware)
- Intimate knowledge of change management, risk management, setting up and initiating projects.
- Has a technical appreciation
- Able to get on with all levels of people
- A good influencer
- Holds current driving licence and able and willing to drive
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75309425