Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are currently recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support commercial aspects of project delivery within the Central Government and Defence Business Unit.
Reporting directly to the Head of Projects the Senior Quantity Surveyor will support account embedded project teams ensuring the provision of the cost effective resource models through the management of the account teams and external consultants. You will develop a “Centre of Excellence” style of service that provides a first class service to the customer and the account / contract leads, using best practise and industry leading supply chain relationships.
The role requires UK wide travel. The successful candidate will need to undertake security clearance checks. Security Clearance is a mandatory requirement for this role.
Efficiently manage the commercial inputs of project delivery and financial performance, in order to ensure success of the project and team.
- Cost control and budget expenditure
- Proposals – Lead on the valuation, tendering and submission of contract variations,
- Carry out commercial/financial duties as required, to include estimating, procurement of contracts, cost reporting and working with the operational team in ensuring that the contracts are administered properly and that financial targets are met through cost effective management.
- Liaise with the client to establish Value for Money on projects and budgets. Assist with the management of financial forecasts, supply chain contract management and appropriate procurement approaches.
- Risk Management and compliance
- Support to product managers on risks advice, initiatives and projects
- Managing SLA’s and reporting
- Tender analysis,
- Review of contract terms and conditions for any new business opportunities and contract retenders identifying any key commercial risks and preparing a legal summary as part of tender sign-off process
- Support the development of feasibility proposals by providing robust cost estimates and procurement recommendations
What we are looking for
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of contract law and demonstrable knowledge of NEC3 & JCT forms of contract
- Evaluating variations to contract and negotiating contracts terms to successful close out
- Subcontract and Project Work tendering
- Vendor Appraisal
- Financial acumen
- Analytical ability
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Good IT skills, including the ability to analyse, interpret & manipulate data
- Qualified to HND or Degree Level & an RICS or CIOB membership (or similar approved).
- Relevant experience of working within a large, construction / total facilities management contract, preferably within public sector contracts.
- Experience of the PSA schedule of rates.
You are a strategic Leader that has ability to think ahead and empower others in order to reach organisational goals.
You are a problem solver and have highly analytical mind.
You are creative and opened to new approaches to work; you question traditional assumptions.
You are one of the Team, you collaborate rather than delegate and you are proud to be building strong, long term client relationship.
Hours worked per week : 40
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75221699