Do you have experience of working in a material handler role?
Are you able to work in a fast paced, team orientated environment?
If so, you could be perfect for this role. We are currently looking to recruit a Material Handler for one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers. Our client is establishing a brand new, state of the art facility in the Telford area, specializing in high pressure die-casting that will design and build medium to large aluminium automotive components.
A core member of the MPL team responsible for ensuring that materials are correctly handled and managed throughout the site, safeguarding accurate and reliable stock records and providing production teams with reliable and on time delivery of material. Provide support in respect to production to include booking in, line feeding and inventory control of stock. Work collaboratively with other departments, including: planning, production, procurement and quality to deliver to lean manufacturing objectives and customer requirements.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Issuing of material, including related documentation to shop floor
- Loading of finished goods into customer logistics
- Carrying out stock transactions as part of the shipping process
- Adherence to material traceability requirements
- Moving semi-finished products through production
- Carrying out material transactions where required within the production systems
- Unloading of material deliveries in accordance to process
- Maintenance of FIFO and Kanban systems
- Materials release to shop floor in accordance with Production Schedules
- Prompt receipt, inspection and distribution (or storage) of goods
- Support inventory cycle counting process and accuracy
- To ensure good housekeeping and maintain MAFACT standards
- To attend to all necessary paper work
- Support the generation and review of process documentation
- Any other reasonable task requested
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment, covering shipping, goods inward, production movements and repetitive FLT movements
- Experience of working with computerised stock management system is essential
- Methodical and accurate record keeping
- Able to integrate well into an emerging team supporting and assisting colleagues
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook an advantage
- Able to manage and prioritise numerous priorities simultaneously
- Microsoft office and business system skills
- FLT licence up to 5t
If you're interested in applying for this role, please do not hesitate. Send us your CV and if we feel you match the role, a member of our excellent recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your application.