Facade Designer - Building Envelope / Curtain Walling
Our client who are an Envelope contractor are looking to increase their design team and are looking for a Designer based at either one of their offices in the Midlands region
You will be responsible to Produce elevations, sections and details for the full façade projects from preliminary sketches to construction issue drawings.
- Produce high quality general arrangement drawings in most cost efficient way for Approval / Construction / As Built.
- Prepare fabrication drawings for bracketry and pressed metal in conjunction with location drawings.
- Produce Glass & Fixing schedules as and when requested.
- Liaising with architects and main contractors.
- Work to an estimate and project specification.
- Attend co-ordination meetings (internally and externally).
- Work to an agreed project programme.
- Ensure that work is detailed in accordance with agreed sub-contract specification & programme.
- Produce details with commercial consideration given to products used.
- Maintain areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
Training & Development:
- Product training courses as necessary, including curtain walling, windows, doors and rainscreens.
- Attending any other internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- Building Regulations.
- Design software packages as necessary to carry out duties.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience within the curtain wall and façade industry.
- Ideally experience of the Schuco curtain wall and window system.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to research and develop products.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
Time management skills.
Excellent salaries are on offer for the right candidate and the opportunity to work with a market leader within the industry who can offer career progression.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/74925603