Space Planning Assistant
Things are moving pretty fast here at Halfords! Have you got the pace, experience and career aspiration to move with us?
Halfords are the UKs leading retailer of leisure and automotive products and the UKs leading operator in garage serving and auto repair. Our retail business boasts over 460 stores, on-line shopping, a delivery service and in-store collection. Just to top this off we are now one of the Sunday Times 30 best big companies to work for!
The Space Planning team is continually looking at ways to improve the way in which we present our product offer in store. The team is committed to developing innovative display solutions that clearly communicate each product offer, with the aim of making it easy for our customers to select the right product for their needs and making it easy for our store teams to implement and maintain each display.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a vision and flair for merchandising and developing display initiatives. The individual should be able to work within both a team and cross-functional environment and use their own initiative, often against challenging timescales.
Responsibilities within the role include:
1. Contribute to the formulation and delivery of the range review process
• Producing planograms based on agreed merchandising and display principles and standards which conform to Direct to shelf replenishment parameters and provide exit plan guidance for discontinued / obsolete product ranges.
2. Inventory listings management
The companies store replenishment system is fully reliant upon the product listings process, which is managed via each planogram.
• Ensuring the background data integrity within each planogram is SAP, Spaceman and Retail focus compliant in order to maintain continuity of replenishment through the management of existing and future dated planograms.
• Working with the supply team to manage short term or mid season replenishment change requests.
3. Manage planogram data integrity
Planogram distribution is managed on a store specific basis, which is designed to ensure stores only receive the planogram that are planned into their store layout.
• Ensuring the correct (live, or future) planogram is saved as a PDF to the shared drive which is the source location for the internal printing process and the data source for the in store intranet service.
4. Providing Store teams with ongoing support
Planogram implementation can be a complex task for store teams, to ensure the store teams get the best possible support.
• Producing planograms with clearly understood instructions to help them build the display.
• Providing advice and a prompt response to stores who phone in with questions and planogram requests.
Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential in this role. Good pc skills, including Excel are required. Knowledge of space planning software, ideally Spaceman, would be an advantage. A full driving licence is essential.