We are now recruiting for an International Accountant to join our Finance Team. You will be provisionally based at our Burton Store Support Centre (DE14 2WP), until the team transitions to our Head Office in Nuneaton (CV10 7RH) which will then act as permanent place of work.
This role is to support with the expansion plans internationally and help achieve the Franchising and Wholesaling Sales and EBITDA objectives by working alongside both the Director of Finance and International Development Director.
To work with Internal Audit Manager to implement and ensure the continued compliance of the Control Self-Assessment framework, and become an expert in this area.
Management of the calculation of commission for store associates and responsible for the reporting of Payroll costs
International Franchising & Wholesaling
• Ensure all invoices (Initial fees, Stock and Royalties) have been raised accurately and issued and within a timely manner.
• Liaise with the International Development Team to ensure all orders received within the period are shipped and invoiced correctly
• Dealing with Franchise and Wholesale customers on any queries that may arise
• Management of the Sales Ledger on the Finance System (Dream)
• Management of setting up new accounts, invoicing and collection of debtors ensuring working capital maximised
• Reporting of preliminary sales in accordance with the month end timetable
• Post any prepayment and accruals required and produce a monthly P&L for International Development with adequate notes on variances to Plan
• Assist with smooth transition of Franchise Distribution to the Irish DC
• Liaise with the Property team to advise and help recover any sublet arrears
• Ensure all overdue debts are dealt with and escalated to the Director of Finance as required.
• Ensure we have a robust debtor policy for all new and existing accounts
• Ensure Invoices raised within the business for Supplier funded Events and Charity Days are correct and in line with VAT regulations.
• Review the Bad debt provision on a quarterly basis and post journals where necessary to reduce risk of exposure to the business.
Commission & Payroll
• Review the monthly commission files and seek authorisation before issuing to the Payroll Department for processing.
• Post Bonus provisions provided by Director of Finance into the month end accounts
• Prepare and review the month end Payroll schedules for the Management Reporting Pack, and be key liaison between Finance and Payroll team
• Review and post corporate credit card spend on a monthly basis.
Controlled Self-Assesment (CSA) Framework
• Work alongside the Internal Audit Manager, Finance Management and Department Heads to ensure documentation is in place for all business processes
• Ensure Key Controls for the business are then narrated from the business processes and appropriate test scripts are documented
• Prepare, Issue and manage testing on at least a quarterly basis
• Liaise with US Colleagues as required on testing
• Key point of contact with external auditors on CSA / Sarbanes Oxley
• Support the Director of Finance in creating a numbers accountability culture across the business to encompass margin management and cost control
• Work with the International Development Team to implement robust processes and procedures around ordering and shipping of stock
• Ensure Sarbanes Controls are correctly documented and tested with the guidance of the Internal Audit Manage
- AAT Qualified
- A specific knowledge of Sales ledger
- A good understanding of Finance processes and processes and procedures as well as fundamental accounting concepts of Prepayments and Accruals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Oracle experience would be an advantage
- Microsoft Office and Excel intermediate knowledge desirable
- An understanding of Sarbanes Oxley desirable
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements. Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???