RICS Surveyor GBPNeg++ Midlands
My Client provide a range of professional oil industry services and environmental services to a wide range of clients throughout the UK and Ireland. Their services consist of spillage response, disaster relief, fuel and tank installation, fuel distribution and polishing, waste management plus a range of complementary services that includes tank cleaning and testing, pollution prevention and emergency fuel deliveries. They have highly trained teams, specialist equipment and vehicles located within their strategically important network of depots and treatment plants and are one of the UK's leading oil and environmental service providers.
Reporting to the Flood Divisional Manager we are looking for a Flood Resilience Surveyor to bring technical excellence to our Flood Services Division. The role will be based primarily from the Midlands with a flexible approach to travel across the UK will be required. You will be working as part of a small team completing site surveys and advising on flood resilience and resistance measures. Focus will be on delivery and reporting of a professional survey service to new and existing clients along with fact finding research duties. There may be some small to medium sized project work to undertake, depending on skills and experience.
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full time post however the post holder must be available outside of contractual hours (08:30-17:00) to fulfil duties; this will include evenings and weekends and the post holder will be required to work away from home overnight at times with little or no notice.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Complete site survey visits, report writing and presentation of findings.
- Effectively communicate with site engineers, project managers and budget holders.
- Compile clear costings and quotations for recommended solutions.
- Project Management of small to medium sized projects.
- Support of Group Marketing activities for the Flood Division.
- Promotion of the Group Service's portfolio to clients.
- Effectively and efficiently manage all administration associated with the role.
- Manage and develop excellent internal and external colleague & customer relations
- Ensure the CRM is populated and new opportunities are communicated with sales & operational staff as appropriate.
- Identify new opportunities in collaboration with the Flood team and compile research findings in support of the associated risk.
- Any other task for which the post holder is capable of undertaking and requested by line or senior management.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
The performance of the postholder will be continually reviewed to ensure the service provided is as required by the organisation. The postholder will be provided with guidance as to what is required of them during the course of the contract.
It is the postholder's responsibility to seek guidance and support should clarification be required in relation to the duties associated with the post.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- You'll have a current RICS membership with a minimum of 2 years surveying experience
- Robust knowledge of building construction and planning requirements
- Experience of surveying in one of the following fields will be a distinct advantage: Utilities, SME or Facilities Management Environment
- A clear client focus and excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- The postholder must be able to adapt to an environment of growth.
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate a passion for building surveying with an active interest in flood mitigation solutions