Tamworth, West Midlands - Part Time Warehouse Operative Various shifts
- Contract Type
Part Time Warehouse Operative Nights Tamworth
The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customer's.
Tamworth operation varies from 18:00 until 07.30 Monday to Friday, generally covering between 16 to 21.25 and up to 30 hours per week.
Starting salary GBP10.79 per hour inclusive of shift allowance payable after 8pm rising to 11.75 with length of service.
- Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
- Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
- Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
- Prioritize "guaranteed service" parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
- Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
- Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager
Key Skills and Experience:
Minimum 17 years of age for evening work and 18 plus for night work.
Able to work in a physical demanding environment.
Excellent communication skills.
Good team player.
Flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude required.
Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
Accurately follow instructions.
Attention to detail whilst working in a fast paced, pressurized environment.
Willing to perform other duties as and when required.
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a 'promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.