PAYROLL OFFICER (PART TIME 22.5HOURS - FLEXIBLE)
PAYROLL OFFICER REQUIRED FOR AN IMMEDIATE START!! BASED IN LEAMINGTON SPA GBP23,000 PER ANNUM (PRO RATA 22.5HOURS PER WEEK)
My client is a well known organisation and is one of the largest firms in the area, due to business requirements they are now looking to recruit a Part Time Payroll Officer. This is a fantastic opportunity join an established business who are based in a stunning regency property in the centre of Leamington Spa. This opportunity would well suit a candidate who has 1-2 years experience within Payroll dealing with auto enrolment, deductions and Sage.
[ The role ]
- Initial set up of PAYE schemes for new payrolls with HMR
- The set up and maintenance of payroll records, and the processing to individual client payroll deadlines. Filing RTI for client payrolls in accordance with their pay dates
- Implementing pension deductions for client payrolls & an understanding of the concept of pre-tax and post-tax deductions
- Processing BACS payroll payments by various means e.g. telephone & fax.
- Supporting clients with their payroll & SAGE queries.
- Supporting other payroll staff and covering their holiday/absence.
- Preparing example figures for individual scenarios of gross & net pays.
- Dealing with payroll corrections/amendments in the correct manner for RTI records.
- Reconciling the payroll records on a monthly basis & preparation of the Annual Returns/P60s & the Final Submissions for the Year
- Typing letters to accompany payroll reports, together with those required for HMRC, DWP & CSA, etc.
- Implementation of Auto Enrolment legislation.
- Ensuring that clients are compliant in advance of clients' staging dates.
- Using knowledge to support the processing of payrolls, and client enquiries.
- Advising re SPP, SMP, SSP, Childcare Vouchers, and other salary sacrifice schemes (& letters for addendum to contracts), and Annual Holiday Entitlements.
[ Person and skills required ]
- The successful candidate should be experienced in the use of Sage payroll software as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Attention to detail essential
- Reasonable flexibility around busy times of the year
- Previous experience of working within a busy payroll team
- Ability to work within a team as well as on own initiative